Count Dracula's Recipe for Creme Brulee
This guy cracks me up. One of the comments said that this video was "Count Dracula's cooking tips" and I just laughed out loud.
That said, this is a good and fast recipe for Creme Brulee. My notes and recipe below.
2 cups heavy cream with pinch of salt 1.5 oz of sugar 4 egg 1/2 vanilla bean (scraped)
- Add half sugar to cream, the other half to 4 yolks
- Add vanilla to cream (or extract)
- Cream to about 180F, don't boil
- Whisk eggs with other half of sugar
- Temper (whisk slowly) eggs and cream together
- Strain mixture and add to oven
- If convection oven 200-225F (25 to 30 minutes)
- If conventional oven, water in sheet 300-325 (30-35 minutes)
- Use shallow molds, to cook evenly
- Give Tray a turn half way through
- Let cool and put in refrigerator for 4 hours
- Add sugar on top and carmelize
- Let cool and serve!