Count Dracula's Recipe for Creme Brulee
Count Dracula’s Recipe for Creme Brulee
This guy cracks me up. One of the comments said that this video was “Count Dracula’s cooking tips” and I just laughed out loud.
That said, this is a good and fast recipe for Creme Brulee. My notes and recipe below.
2 cups heavy cream with pinch of salt 1.5 oz of sugar 4 egg 1/2 vanilla bean (scraped)
- Add half sugar to cream, the other half to 4 yolks
- Add vanilla to cream (or extract)
- Cream to about 180F, don’t boil
- Whisk eggs with other half of sugar
- Temper (whisk slowly) eggs and cream together
- Strain mixture and add to oven
- If convection oven 200-225F (25 to 30 minutes)
- If conventional oven, water in sheet 300-325 (30-35 minutes)
- Use shallow molds, to cook evenly
- Give Tray a turn half way through
- Let cool and put in refrigerator for 4 hours
- Add sugar on top and carmelize
- Let cool and serve!